For some reason Tableau thinks that the states belong to Canada. I suspect that this is because you have fields in the data that are cast as "County/Region", but that these are NULL for the Us State. I would have to test a bit more to confirm that this is why it is happening...
- Right click on the Region field in the Dimensions pane and select Geographic Role > Country/Region
- Use Ctrl + Click to select both Region and Us State
- Right-click and field and select Hierarchy > Create Hierarchy
- Select OK
- Drag Region to the Details shelf on the Marks card.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Now that I look at it, I think that Country was set to Fixed > Canada.
- Click on the 53 Unknown label
- Select Edit Locations
- In Country/Region field select Fixed > United States, or From Field > Region.
Nvm, Ailsa found this already.
Thank you! Was ripping my hair out over that... I feel silly now. But seriously, HUGE help! Thanks.
Thanks for your help