6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2015 9:14 PM by David Chauncy

    9.0.2 broke my script

    Chris Ditri

      Hello.  Prior to yesterday, we were on tableau server 9.0 and tableau desktop 9.0.  Yesterday, we upgraded.  I had a script we had to run because neither tableau 8.3 nor 9.0 (server) would play nicely with a pervasive DB. Using this script was the only way we could refresh our extracts nightly (unattended).  We used the tableau.com executable with the refreshextract option (which is part of tableau desktop, not server).  It worked just fine under tableau 8.3 and 9.0.

       

      Now that I have updated to tableau 9.0.2, all 11 of our extract refreshes fail with differing errors:

      Unable to mangle alias for field Calculation_3760116132718871.

      Unable to create extract

       

      Unable to mangle alias for field TAXABLE_TOT_4.

      Unable to create extract

       

      Invalid field formula due to limitations in the data source.

      Unable to create extract

       

      no such function: STR

      Unable to create extract

       

      Invalid field formula due to limitations in the data source.

      Unable to create extract

       

      no such function: STR

      Unable to create extract

       

      Invalid field formula due to limitations in the data source.

      Unable to create extract

       

      Unable to mangle alias for field TAX_4.

      Unable to create extract

       

      Unable to mangle alias for field DATE_SHIP_4.

      Unable to create extract

       

      Unable to mangle alias for field DATE_SHIP_4.

      Unable to create extract

       

       

      Invalid field formula due to limitations in the data source.

      Unable to create extract

       

       

       

      The command used:

      tableau refreshextract --server https://tableau.mydomain.com --username tabbycat --password blahblah --project "Published Data Source" --datasource "Revenue - Data" --source-username tabbycat --source-password blahblah

       

      The ODBC connection tests fine, so its not that.  The only thing that changed is the upgrade.

       

      I'm hoping there is a simple solution here...

       

      Thanks.

       

      -Chris