2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 7:11 AM by Stephen Ruimveld

    TABCMD error "Is a dierctory" with get command

    Stephen Ruimveld

      Hello,

       

      I was hoping someone could help me with an error I am getting trying to run the TABCMD get from my windows machine.

      The environment is Tableau 8.1 and the TABCMD utility and the server are both 8.1

       

      The purpose of this endeavor is that I have users that wish to have several dashboards and views that are published on the  Tableau Server converted to either png or pdf files for use in presentations.. To do this I wanted to schedule a weekly job on my windows machine that would create these files.


      To start off I installed the tabcmd utility on my machine and using the command line I was able to log into the tableau server.

      However when I use the get command on the URL, the request fails with the error "*** Is a directory - Is a directory"


      I found the log file and printed out the what was there..  

      One interesting thing is that I type in   "tabcmd get "http://edwtablq/t/FOGroup/views/Product_Summary/Stoplight.png"

      The png should force the server to convert the view to a png file (it works in the browser). 

       

      However the error message drops the last character...  


      Does anyone know what the issue is here?


       

      [6284] DEBUG  May-29 23:50:38,482: ====>> Starting Tabcmd 8.1 at Fri May 29 23:50:38 UTC 2015 <<====

      [6284] DEBUG  May-29 23:50:38,482: Build 8100.13.1231.1350

      [6284] DEBUG  May-29 23:50:52,697: run as: tabcmd get ?http://edwtablq/t/FOGroup/views/Product_Summary/Stoplight.pn

      [6284] INFO   May-29 23:50:52,744: Continuing previous session

      [6284] INFO   May-29 23:50:52,760:     Server:   http://edwtablq/

      [6284] INFO   May-29 23:50:52,760:     Username: XXXXXX

      [6284] INFO   May-29 23:50:52,760:     Site:     FOGroup

      [6284] INFO   May-29 23:50:52,760: Requesting ?http://edwtablq/t/FOGroup/views/Product_Summary/Stoplight.pn from server...

      [6284] FATAL  May-29 23:50:56,194: Is a directory - Is a directory

      [6284] DEBUG  May-29 23:50:56,194: org/jruby/RubyFile.java:443:in `initialize'

      org/jruby/RubyIO.java:1135:in `open'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/lib/server_info.rb:343:in `execute'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/jruby-stdlib-1.6.7.2.jar!/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:1054:in `request'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/jruby-stdlib-1.6.7.2.jar!/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:2142:in `reading_body'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/jruby-stdlib-1.6.7.2.jar!/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:1053:in `request'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/lib/http_util.rb:39:in `request'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/jruby-stdlib-1.6.7.2.jar!/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:1037:in `request'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/jruby-stdlib-1.6.7.2.jar!/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:543:in `start'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/jruby-stdlib-1.6.7.2.jar!/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:1035:in `request'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/lib/http_util.rb:39:in `request'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/lib/server_info.rb:339:in `execute'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/lib/server_info.rb:388:in `execute'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/lib/commands/get_url.rb:56:in `get'

      org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:2080:in `send'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/lib/multicommand.rb:93:in `run_each'

      org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1615:in `each'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/lib/multicommand.rb:91:in `run_each'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/lib/commands/get_url.rb:66:in `run'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/lib/multicommand.rb:163:in `dispatch'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/bin/tabcmd.rb:53:in `run'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/bin/tabcmd.rb:59:in `(root)'

      org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1058:in `load'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/tabcmd/bin/tabcmd.rb:1:in `(root)'

      org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1033:in `require'

      file:/C:/tabcmd/8.1/Command Line Utility/tabcmd.jar!/META-INF/main.rb:36:in `require'

      <script>:3:in `(root)'