Do you assume that I didn't study this article before posting my request for help ?
Or that this article resolves all potential issues ?
Good day to you
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Besides all the stuff mentioned in that article, the one other issue that always bites me when I don't see the icon is that you need at least one non-disabled Subscriptions schedule. If none are available to select, the icon does not show at all. So merging all the info sources, here are all the things I know of that would prevent the envelope icon from showing:
1. Tableau Server must have subscriptions enabled via the configuration tool
2. The Site settings must have Subscriptions enabled.
3. The User trying to subscribe must have an email address
4. The User trying to subscribe must have View permissions on the view
5. The data connections in the workbook must have credentials embedded (or require none)
6. The view must not have been loaded via a redeemed Trusted Ticket (trusted authentication)
7. There must be at least one Subscriptions schedule in a non-disabled state
I hope that helps!
We doubled checked it all and finally realized that instead of using the on off icons we had restarted Tableau's manager service using services.msc
Once we began using the on off icons we obtained the proper result
If The User trying to subscribe thru an email address for Excel/PDF output, Does he need a Tableau licence since its not a View permissions on the view?
If he was a Guest user doesn't required the Tableau Licence.