6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2018 11:54 AM by Ricardo Reis

TableauException: Internet communication error: Couldn't connect to server (ddaa123.dev.com)

Sandeep Moola

I published a Tableau extract (Teradata was the source) to my cluster server environment with one primary server and 2 workers (Tableau 9.0) and I tried to create a New Workbook on the Tableau server using this PDS.  I initially got the error, but after multiple tries, I was able to connect to the PDS and create the workbook. Again I am getting the same error when I try to open this newly created workbook using this PDS and even when I try to create a new report using the same PDS. The PDS work fine when I try to connect to it from my Tableau desktop to create a workbook (all the time). But from web, its working sometimes and
      giving errors some most of the times. Any idea where the issue could possibly be? ddaa123.dev.com is my worker server that has 2 App servers, 2 VizQL servers, 1 Gateway, 1 Search and Browse, Cache server, Cluster Controller and API server and Inactive repository running on it. The status for all seems to be fine. This is a new server installation. Could the issue be related to firewall issue or access to the Run as account issue or something related to Tableau 9.0? Note: These 3 servers are behind firewall and do not have access to public network.

Error :

An unexpected error occurred. If you continue to receive this error please contact your Tableau Server Administrator.

TableauException: Internet communication error: Couldn't connect to server (ddaa123.dev.com). Unable to connect to the server "ddaa123.dev.com". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.
      2015-04-09 19:19:58.526 (VSbQ2pDinxEAADDcsMcAAAPe,0,0)