Can we create dynamic number of Calculated fields according to the number of months between start and end date?
Hi All Tableau Experts,
Any idea/solution would be very helpful..
If we are not able to do such requirements only in the tableau, I would need to escalate the same to higher Team.
As our data is like this
Customer Start date End Date Value
A 01-Jan-15 31-Jan-16 100
B 01-Feb-15 28-Feb-15 500
B 01-Mar-15 31-Mar-15 30
in the month of Jan -15 the data should be looked as 100/12 and in the month of Feb-15 it has to be (100/12+500) so on...
Please suggests any solution. Currently we are using Tableau 8.3 with Salesforce data source. If 9.0 would provide these features we would upgrade too..As this is high priority challenge please do reply your suggestion/comments.
Thank you for the reply.
As you have explained, it is well enough to show, how the data is spread across the months, But our challenge is to show, the hours distribution over the months. On there is multiple records for same month their data should get added up..
1. first create two parameters one is start date and one is end date.
2. and write calculation field
your date field >= start date and your date field <= end date
drag this field into filter shelf and select true
3. drag your date field into view and right click on that filed and then you will get two times more select 2nd more and go to custom and select date part there select months
4. then you will get month names between two dates
Are you using text tables are any thing?
1. if you are using text table just create calculation filed using index function
2. drag the date field and right click on that and select months and year
3. create 2 parameters one is start date and one is end date
4. and write calculation field as your date field >= start date and your date field <= end date use this in filter shelf and select true
5.write one more parameter 3 data type should be integer
6.write calculation filed as index <= parameter 3 and use this in filter shelf and select true that's it u will get number of months dynamically