2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2015 2:38 AM by Jonathan Squires

Multiple date ranges

Jonathan Squires

Hello

I am trying to draw a line graph with three date ranges, all the same length but not all the same start date.

I want to overlay the lines so it makes a good comparison, but have no idea  how to do this... Any thoughts.

I want to show the totals for each day. In the date range

• 1. Re: Multiple date ranges
          Bora Beran

You can shift the dates to align them. Since there is no workbook I will make some guesses

Assuming each line is a ProductCategory

You can get the first data point in each ProductCategory by writing the following in 9.0 using a level of detail expression

{fixed ProductCategory : MIN(Date)}

You can get the overall minimum (for the entire table) by writing

{MIN(Date)}

Now. Each category has to be shifted based on how far they are from the overall minimum which is

{MIN(Date)} - {fixed ProductCategory : MIN(Date)}

So your overall calculation would need to look like

DATEADD('day', Date, {MIN(Date)} - {fixed ProductCategory : MIN(Date)})

which shifts each row as many days as needed to align the first date of each product category.

• 2. Re: Multiple date ranges
            Jonathan Squires

thanks for this answer, but unfortunately I am still using 8.2 and am unable to upgrade at the present moment.

Also I have picked out three different time periods for the same field i.e sales at Easter to be compared over three years.

I have currently identified the time periods by adding parameters for the start and end date of all three periods then having three calculated fields current periods, Compare period 1 and Compare period 2 (using if statements to date select. )

hopefully this adds a bit more detail to my original question