4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2015 3:47 AM by Nate Erskine

Drupal

Jeff Strauss

Has anybody leveraged Drupal for building of a custom portal page?  I am being challenged to find an existing CMS solution that "facilitates" the build as opposed to writing API calls within .Net

Any perspectives are welcome!!!

Tableau | Drupal.org

• 1. Re: Drupal
          Robin Cottiss

Hi Jeffery,

I would suggest posting this question in the developer community (The specified item was not found.) in addition to here.

I assume you are looking for integration beyond simple embedding so the fact that most of tableau.com is Drupal based may not be a significant factor. But given that any integration beyond simple embedding would mostly involve the Javascript API (and maybe the REST API) I cannot see why Drupal could not support a custom portal page. My background is more with Joomla but I know that Drupal is very extensible and it's a super CMS.

Robin

• 2. Re: Drupal
            Jeff Strauss

Thanks, to be candid, while I know what CMS stands for, I don't really know the usecase / benefits as to when to leverage it vs. my original idea of a .Net app that calls the Javascript and Rest API's.  I will go post on the dev community.

The CMS question came out of left field...

• 3. Re: Drupal
              anson parker

Hi Jeffrey - I'm using Tableau | Drupal.org to get the visualization in to drupal.... it's probably worth it if you need to do heavy branding, or want to have other stuff going on in the same page as the visualizations... that said it's not a very complete bridge, and a lot of the visualizations are in iFrames.. still I'm fairly pleased and working on Media: Tableau | Drupal.org to make the user experience better

• 4. Re: Drupal
                Nate Erskine

Anson,

I have downloaded the tableau drupal module, but i'm having difficulty with the php/tableau settings. Any help with these fields would be much appreciated