I just upgraded the CSV web data connector to work with 9.1 release. You can use the following link:
This is the URL what you have to use as web data connector URL. Let me know if it is working or not
I just tested it out using your example URL and this seems to work correctly.
However I'm using a CSV that is not hosted HTTPS, and when trying to use http instead the data connector seems to be buggy. The countdown keeps restarting a couple of times and then just closes without actually loading in the data.
Is there a change that can be done to support non-SSL secure CSV files?
It should work with http as well. Do you set the separators correctly? Could you share the URL if it is public or the CSV file itself?
I think the issue might be with the hosting, however I can't seem to figure out what is going wrong.
I get following error when testing with the same CSV file as your example:
- Error while trying to load 'https://www.mediadonuts.com/MADDISON-GDPPC_CHN.csv'.
- The table "[TableauTemp].[webdata.42319.715826550928]" does not exist.
When testing the same CSV from a public dropbox using the URL, the connector works as well!
Let me have a look on that why this website is different from the others
Does it work from Simulator.html?
Yes I can access and download the file through the simulator.html of sdk web data connector.
your connector is not working anymore. Could you update it?
sure, I can update. can you pass me an example just to make sure that it will work for you?
I'm trying to use your tool to connect to this CSV file with no luck.
Is there something I am doing wrong or would you be able to help me out?
Hiiiii Tamas, Well i want to connect .csv through API.So that's why i'm using your web data connector. but its not working it is showing error ' An error occured while connecting to Datasource. Unable to the connect to the server, check that your server is running and that you have access privillages to the requested database.
- tableau.headersCallback - No column headers returned. fieldNames or fieldTypes are empty
- The table "[TableauTemp].[webdata-direct.1tjchqs1mbbhu31chzxfz1p4whli]" does not exist.
The error returned when I tried to use that file is (the WDC is running on localhost):
XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://www.rba.gov.au/statistics/tables/csv/c1-data.csv. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://localhost:3000' is therefore not allowed access.
This means that www.rba.gov.au only allows AJAX http requests for that csv than originate from its own domain. There are two solutions to go around this:
- setup the WDC proxy to run inside rba.gov.au domain
- download the file and access it through a proxy that you run in your own domain
Hope this helps.