2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2015 8:29 AM by Matt Lutton

filter reshape data

Kennen Gross

I have a dataset that has been reshaped. This meaning that there are three variables: "School", "Measure", "Value".

For example:

School A    Avg SAT Score   1320

School A    Number of Students   543

I want to create quick filters for these variables and realize that something must be done differently to create the filters (create parameters?).  Any advice on how to create filters when the data is organized in this way.

• 1. Re: filter reshape data
          Sankarmagesh Rajan

Hi Kennen,

We can create parameter to filter data.

like Case [parameter name]

when "School" then [School]

when "Sales" then [Sales]

end.

We can apply this in row and do all.without dataset we cannot say anything.

Can you please attach sample workbook, then it will good to give you proper solution.

thanks

sankar

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: filter reshape data
            Matt Lutton

Kennen Gross wrote:

I want to create quick filters for these variables and realize that something must be done differently to create the filters (create parameters?).  Any advice on how to create filters when the data is organized in this way.

I'm not sure what you mean by this - I agree with sankar, it will be much easier to help you if you can mock up a sample TWBX file that demonstrates what you're trying to accomplish.  Mock ups of your expected results are often helpful as well.  In general, I would think you could simply create a Quick Filter for "School" and "Measure" to filter these dimensions, but if you are asking how to filter by "Average SAT Score", that would require a different approach.