3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2015 11:03 PM by Thai Huynh

Select a date but used in two different purposes

Thai Huynh

I have a number of views that are used in a dashboard.

One of the views uses "Start Date" to count a measure.

Another view uses "Completion Date" to count a measure.

When the views are in a dashboard, I want the users to use just one date selector.

When using the dashboard and a date (or range of days) is selected, I want that value to be used as "Start Date" in those views with Start Date, and as "Completion Date" in those views with Completion Date.

Please help me how to set that up.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Select a date but used in two different purposes
          Mohammed Tariq

Hi Thai,

To my understanding you are asking to make the START DATE fixed in one sheet and create a range for that specific date, is this what you are asking for ???

If you could elaborate more about your requirement it will be helpful. Otherwise publish your worksheet it will give a better picture.

Regards,

Tariq

• 2. Re: Select a date but used in two different purposes
            Thai Huynh

In the table, there are two date columns. One is START date and the other is COMPLETION date.

Some worksheets (views) use START date, and some use COMPLETION.

They work fine when you interact with the worksheets because the date selector in each worksheet is specifically intended as START or as COMPLETION date.

However, the issue arises when I have these worksheets in a dashboard.

To the users using the dashboard, there is (and should be) only one date range selector. How do I make it so that the date or date range selected in the dashboard is treated as START date for those views with START date, and same selected date is used as COMPLETION date in those views with COMPLETION date?

I have used parameter but can't think of how to get this to work in this scenario.

• 3. Re: Select a date but used in two different purposes
              Thai Huynh

Actually this problem exists outside of the dashboard.

As I said earlier, I have a START date and a COMPLETION date.

In Sheet 1, I have a chart that uses START date to aggregate a measure.

In Sheet 2 I have a chart that uses COMPLETION date to aggregate a measure

I have many other sheets, some use START date and some use COMPLETION date.

What I want to do is to set date range selection in Sheet 1 (START date)  to affect all sheets. But the problem is those sheets that use COMPLETION date will show wrong results.

Hope that clarifies my situation. Thanks!