Seems you missed one step.
After extraction and before publishing, go to data>your data source>extract data
In the dialog box, select incremental refresh.
Do this before publishing. At Publishing, you will need to schedule full fresh or incremental refresh.
Select incremental fresh again.
Two steps are required. Seems you did just one.
The specified item was not found.
I don't think I fully understand.
1) What do you mean by after extraction? After connecting to my datasource I right clicked on the datasource and selected extract data. Are you saying I need to click on incremental refresh at this time and then also when I publish to the server? Not sure I understand why that may be the case. I.e if I refresh and then when I publish to server and click on the incremental refresh would it not carry out the incremental refresh?
2) I had another q. I am working on a huge dashboard and was wondering if you could recommend if the below is the best way to approach this -
- Create a connection to MySQL
- Extract the full data using incremental extract on date
- Publish the Extract with embedded password with an incremental daily refresh
Now here is my q. which approach do you think i should use to create my workbook-
1) In this approach will the extract do the incremental refresh on my desktop tableau whilst I create the workbook?
- Use the same extract and continue creating the workbook.
- Once workbook completed which could take days then publish workbook to server.
2) Again in this below method will the extract automatically carry out the refresh?
- After publishing extract to the server
- Download the extract and work on it.
- Again this may take a few days.
- Publish this workbook to the server
Also do I have to package the workbook before publishing to server or can I leave it as twb ?
Thanks for your help