TITLE: Data Visualization Developer
LOCATION: Anywhere - London UK preferred
DATE POSTED: 18 February 2015
POSTING EXPIRES: 18 March 2015
IPG Mediabrands is seeking a Data Visualization developer who is highly motivated, innovative, and a self-starter to join the Performly™ product team - a.k.a. the Most Fun Product Team Ever. We're a group of social media marketers turned software developers who have produced a product that measures social media impact. And we have more growth than we can handle!
The successful candidate will be a key member of the marketing and product development team, working to on-board new accounts, develop our software features, and facilitate organic growth.
Activities associated with on-boarding new accounts include but are not limited to data analysis, prototyping with client social data, building data calculations, researching social media analytics, and developing custom visualizations based on specific client data.
This role requires an individual who has a passion for technology, visualizations, and data, and is looking to apply this to real-world business scenarios in the social media space.
- Prototype development in Tableau, d3, google charts etc.
- Leverage full range of Tableau platform technologies to design and implement production ready solutions and create advanced BI visualizations.
- Interact with the business owner(s) to understand current and future requirements for product development.
- Design, develop, and support interactive visual dashboards and reports.
- Pro-actively and independently identify solutions and formulate actions plans to resolve problems.
- Communicate to all members of the product team in a concise and effective manner; consolidate and distribute information in a streamlined way.
- Learn how social channel data is used in order to advise on how data visualizations can be best leveraged to provide business value.
- Collaborate with the technical team, in any given product development cycle, on data requirements such as data structure, data flow, dependencies, and data mapping in the context of a relational database.
- Bachelor degree in a related field; computer science, statistics, etc.
- 3-5 years of data analytics and Business Intelligence experience, media industry a plus.
- 2+ year of experience developing using the following technologies:
- Data interfaces such as Web Services, REST API and XML
- Relational databases, with ability to write complex and efficient SQL queries
- Experience with developing reports, workflows and metrics within a software environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including technical writing skills.
- Analytical and action-focused with strong time-management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively in a small, multi-disciplined, fast-paced team environment
- The ability to consistently deliver results with quick turnaround
- Strong spirit of innovation, self-starter, independent, and with ability to come up with solutions to meet business problems
- Strong desire to learn new things and pass knowledge acquired onto others
- Able to manage own hours and work with a remote team environment - our team is scattered between the US, UK and Malaysia
- Good eye for great visual design
Qualified candidates should send a CV/resume as well as a cover letter explaining their interest in working with us to the Performly Team ℅ email@example.com.