There should be no problem with the upgrade and Tableau Server runs great on 2008 R2 SP1.
Be sure to stop Tableau with 'tabadmin stop' before upgrading and then start again with 'tabadmin start' and do not rely on the automatic restarts to make sure nothing is in action.
Just to be extra safe you can make sure the Tableau Run-As user maintains the proper permissions after upgrade, check here. http://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/server/en-us/help.htm#runas_confirm.htmhttp://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/server/en-us/help.htm#runas_confirm.htm
Hope this helps.
There shouldn't be any problem with the OS upgrade. However, i'd suggest to uninstall and install tableau back again. This is the cleanest way during OS installs.
Here are the steps i would follow,
- Just before the OS migration. take a backup of tableau using tabadmin. - Server Backup and Maintenance Automation | Tableau Software
- Move the backup to a new server. Basically, don't store the backup's on the same machine. Some of them do
- As Zach suggested, using tabadmin, bring the system down.
- Uninstall tableau
- Upgrade the OS
- Validate the run as user permissions on the install drive.
- Reinstall the application
- Restore from the backup.
Excellent info. Thanks a lot Vikram & Zack for your help.
TELUS | the future is friendly®