1 of 1 people found this helpful
1. Ben created a view in the data source. In your situation, you would have a view created in your DW that contains the necessary data items you need. It will be a relatively small amount of data, you don't want to pull everything!
2. From Desktop you connect to that view in the data source and make an extract from it. Once the extract is to your liking then...
3. ...publish the extract to your Tableau Server. Now manually refresh the extract on the Server. Once it has refreshed you can now connect your Desktop report to it instead of using the local one you originally created.
4. In your view that's in the data source, change the query that creates the view to now pull in all rows (remove the limits).
5. Back in your Tableau Server you will perform another refresh of the extract, however, this time it will be the FULL, unlimited data set of the view since the limits were removed in step 4.
6. Like he says, keep an eye on the extract process to make sure it finishes.