3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2015 5:28 PM by KK Molugu

Capture Data

venkatesh.sharma

Hi,

I have a difficult scenario. I have  2 dates fileds and Status field there are here is sample data

Date 1      Date 2           Status

12/3/2013    23/4/4009     Open

12/3/2014    23/4/4009     Open

12/3/2015    23/4/4009     Closed

12/3/2016    23/4/4009     Reopen

12/3/2017    23/4/4009     Adding

And i have filter on Date field, so if I adjust the (date filed in filter and status is open) it should show me the records, which is straight forward , later if Status column is updated  from open to closed ; it should show open state in between those states

Example:

12/3/2013    23/4/2019     Open ------------------Record 1  ;;

In this example status is open and i kept a filter on date say 12/4/2014  it will show record 1

after few months it has changed to closed

12/3/2013    23/4/2019     Closed ------------------Record 1

Even now if i kept a filter on date say 12/4/2014  i should show me because once it was opened during that perios.

So there a way to capture data even if status has chnaged?

• 1. Re: Capture Data
          KK Molugu

Venkatesh:

This might just be me, but I am having hard time understanding your requirements on date filter and status. You mentioned that your date filter is set to 12/4/2014 but you don't have any records with that date. I am missing something. If the record is closed, will it have a new record in the system (i am assuming for any given criteria) or will the status changed to Closed from Open on the same record.

..kk

• 2. Re: Capture Data
            venkatesh.sharma

1) will the status changed to Closed from Open on the same record.-- Yes only status chganes from closed to open

2)our date filter is set to 12/4/2014 but you don't have any records with that date. : I am sorry

I will explain it again suppose if i kept a date filter that is in between 2 dates and status is open it should show me and after say few months the same record has changed from open to close and if keep the date in that region it should still show me, though status is closed because it was open during that period at one point of time(capturing historical data).

Let me know if yoou didnt understand

• 3. Re: Capture Data
              KK Molugu

Based on ur explanation above,  you have a date filter and want to show the records if the status change. If thats true, then you are good as the filter is in the date and when the data gets updated it will still work. Let me know if this works.

..kk