2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 12:46 PM by Russell Christopher

Tableau Javascript API - not adding lines to the chart

saranya karthi

Hi Everyone,

I am trying with Javascript API in Tableau. I was passing values from HTML to Tableau using applyFilterSync('Col Name','value','REPLACE'). It was filtering the dashboard based on the filter value successfully.

Now I have a pass the array of values to add new lines  to the existing charts. In the existing charts(capture 1 image) I have 2 lines one for Actual value and other for Projected value.

I would like to add one or  more lines to chart based on the user selection in HTML. In HTML, I have region Checkbox (Central,South,East,West).

In HTML(Capture 2 image) if I select region checkbox Central,South, i want to get 2 more lines to the existing charts like the image (Capture 3).

So in javascript ,I used the below code

Code in Javascript:

function Addlines()
      {

var check = document.getElementsByName("Rgn"); 
        var textArray = [];                           
          for(var c = 0; c < check.length;c++)
          {
             if(check[c].checked){
                textArray .push(check[c].value);                                
          }

}
        alert(textArray);  // this textArray gives the list of region selected in the HTML checkbox
        var filterName = 'ColumnName';  //This ColumnName will be 'Region'
        sheet = viz.getWorkbook().getActiveSheet();
        if(sheet.getSheetType() === 'worksheet') {
        sheet.applyFilterAsync(filterName, textArray , 'ADD'); // For testing, I even hardcoded textArray with 'Central'
        } else {
        worksheetArray = sheet.getWorksheets();
        for(var i = 0; i < worksheetArray.length; i++) {
        worksheetArray[i].applyFilterAsync(filterName,textArray , 'ADD');
        }
        }
      }

The above code is not adding the new line for region(ie applyFilterSync 'ADD'), instead it is doing the same function as 'REPLACE' filtering the Actual value for Region(Central/South/East/West).

Can someone please suggest a way to do this.

Thanks for your help in advance.