This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
I believe the issue you are experiencing is because userformsubmission_extract should be the primary data source. The information below should also help in creating one-to-many relationships in Tableau:
Option 1: Aggregate Extracts
- Hide the duplicating field (Product Name) from the Data pane: Right Click > Hide.
- Change the default aggregation of Sales to MIN: Right Click > Field Properties > Aggregation.
- Right Click data connection and select Extract.
- Check the box Aggregate data for visible dimensions.
- Click Extract.
Option 2: Data Blending
- Connect to each table separately.
- Establish a relationship at the level needed to blend and not at the duplicating field level: Data > Edit Relationships.
- Build visualization while omitting the lowest level of detail that is causing the duplication.
Option 3: Custom SQL
- Write a sub query that contains measure to sum and the field that is one step higher than the duplicating field.
- GROUP BY that field.
- Insert that new measure into the select statement.
- Build visualization with the new measure instead of the old one.
I hope this helps!