1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2014 7:53 AM by KK Molugu Branched to a new discussion.

Burndown Chart - Design Target Line

Gavin Jeffers

Could anyone help me figure out how to create a design target line on a burndown chart (line graph) which measures from 100 to 0 between a start and end date? The burndown chart is functioning but without the design target there isn't a visual reference for the progress.

I'm not factoring a calculated remaining effort into the reference line, just want to draw a straight line from 100 to 0 between two dates. I've been trying to create a reference or plot from a secondary data source and I've just completely failed at this. Any guidance would be really appreciated!

burndown.PNG

• 1. Re: Burndown Chart - Design Target Line
          KK Molugu

Gavin:

Not having the packaged workbook or data is a little hard to show what you want, but this can be achieved in Tableau. Create a table calculation as below and I am using Superstore data to show count of sales by week.

//Burndown Line

if attr(datepart('week', [Order Date])) = window_min(min(datepart('week', [Order Date]))) then 100

elseif attr(datepart('week', [Order Date])) = window_max(max(datepart('week', [Order Date]))) then 0

end

The above function draws two marks in the view with value 100 for window min date and 0 for the window max date in the view. Drag the Burndown Line field to rows shelf and draw a trendline. Set dual axis and hope this helps;

burndown chart-kk.PNG

Hope this helps..

..kk

1 of 1 people found this helpful