There are couple ways you can achieve this;
Option 1 - Create UNION with the same data set and create two new columns
- column1 'My Date' with created_at
- column2 'Type' as 'created_at'
- column1 'My Date' with resolved_at
- column2 'Type' as 'resolved_at'
Now that you have two records for every ticket, you can use Hour from My Date and Type as the dimension
Option 2 -
- Drag created_at to columns as Continuous Hour
- Drag resolved_at to columns as Continuous Hour
- Drag number of records to Rows
- Select Bar as the marks type
- Make created_at and resolved_at as dual axis and synchronize axis
- Select diff color and diff size for both marks
This screenshot is a sample from some data that I have (Option 2)
If you need help, please attach sample data.
This is great, I did something similar. Now, the problem is: How do I set a filter so that it allows for records that are either created on OR resolved on that day? If I create a separate filter for created_at = today and resolved_at = today, it only shows records that satisfy both. I need a filter that shows me only records that were either opened or closed today.
In order to filter them, i think the best option is to go with Option 1 as mentioned above as I am not aware of how to solve the filter issue.
Let me ping Matt Lutton to see if he can shed some light on this issue.
I am unable to help without an example packaged workbook. If you attempt KKs solution and it doesn't work for you, you can post your work here for him to check. If a sample TWBX can be provided, I'll take a look at some point. Best of luck!