1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 10:02 AM by Rawan Alsiekh

How to create dynamic quadrant flags and counts in scatterplot?

Adam Gardner

Hello,

Issue: Creating a dynamic quadrant flag based on axis averages and also a count of each data point that falls into each quadrant.

I am using Tableau 8.2 and trying to create an easy way to count the number of datapoints in each quadrant of a scatterplot graph where the center lines change.  The center lines are based on populations axis average.   I want to be able to apply filters and the quadrant labels will update based on the center line values and where the datapoints fall.

I also want to be able to sum the total number of datapoints in each quadrant. (so i can use it in a dashboard)

I am running into problems since I am not sure how to create the dynamic flag without a table calculation, and using the dynamic flag in a table summary is cauings some issues (since it is requiring some fields to be included to work properly)

Desired scatterplot ref lines = (table average of axis)

scatterplot with quadrants colored.JPG

Sample of desired function (dynamic quadrant flags, and table of count of dynamic quadrant flags)

desired end.JPG

1 2 Previous Next