4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2014 7:41 PM by takafumi.nishiyama

Filtering date

takafumi.nishiyama

Hi,

I'm new to Tableau and have a following question regarding the filtering conditions.

I'd like to set both of "start" and "end" of date as follows:

- "start" --- specific date (ex. 08/01/2014)

- "end" --- one day before today (ex. 10/16/2014  if today is 10/17/2014)

I'd appreciate if anyone could tell me how I can set the filtering conditions in such case.

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Filtering date
          sree rao

HI,

To achieve this first, create parameter with data type take as list and add the elements from field of orderdate .(fro start date)

After that create a calculated field with below code.

if([Order Date]>=[Dtae] and [Order Date]<TODAY() ) then [Order Date] end

use the calculated field row shall and also use in filter shall .Now use parameter show control   .

Then  can select the date dynamically .It will displays data between two dates..

Please have a look on attached twbx file ..

Regards

Sreenivasa Rao.Aerasangi..

• 2. Re: Filtering date
            Tom W

My preferred way;

1. Create a parameter called StartDate, set the data type as date and set the value for the start of your date range.

2. Drag your date to the filters shelf and select 'Individual Dates' option.

3. Click the 'Condition Tab' and select 'By Formula' then enter the formula:[Order Date] >= [StartDate] and [Order Date] <= (TODAY()-1) , where [Order Date] is the name of your date field and [StartDate] is the name of the parameter.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Filtering date
              takafumi.nishiyama

Thanks a lot.

It was very helpful and exactly what I wanted to do!

• 4. Re: Filtering date
                takafumi.nishiyama

Thanks a lot.

The way of using the parameter show control is not what I could imagine, but found it very useful.