1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 98 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2015 7:34 AM by danny.lackey Go to original post
      • 75. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
        danny.lackey

Ok, I thinking I'm beginning to see when this is happening.  Looks like if a date range is inside another date range, it doesn't capture it properly.

For example:

Crew1 Well1 10/10/2014  -  10/16/2014

Crew2 Well2  10/11/2014 -  10/14/2014

The work for crew 2 falls completely inside the range of the work for crew 1 and it misses the work outside the range its compared to.  So from the example from above, it would not find the work for crew 1.  Going to revisit the logic that finds this.

• 76. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
          Richard Leeke

OK, maybe that expression I gave you originally missed the "completely inside" case. Sorry about that if so.

May be easier to think of it as "NOT (they don't overlap)". The don't overlap test is just:

(A.End < B.Start) OR (B.End < A.Start)

So you just want:

NOT((A.End < B.Start) OR (B.End < A.Start))

Sent from my phone - excuse the weird typos.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 77. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
            danny.lackey

Might have got it.  Seems to be working - still testing.  Took the original date filter:

([START_DTE] >= [CM_DATA1_START_DTE] AND [START_DTE] <= [CM_DATA1_END_DTE]) OR

([END_DTE] >= [CM_DATA1_START_DTE] AND [END_DTE] <= [CM_DATA1_END_DTE]) OR

and added

[CM_DATA1_START_DTE] >= [START_DTE] AND [CM_DATA1_START_DTE] <=[END_DTE]) OR

([CM_DATA1_END_DTE] >= [START_DTE] AND [CM_DATA1_END_DTE] <= [END_DTE])

• 78. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
              danny.lackey

Just saw your post.  Do you foresee any issues with my method?

• 79. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
                Richard Leeke

Haven’t looked hard, but I think it probably comes to the same thing. It just dawned on me that it was easier to express the doesn’t overlap condition. Try both and see if they agree…

• 80. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
                  danny.lackey

Looks like either way works.  Thank you.

Final question of the series!  Let me know if this is distanced enough from the original question that I should post it to it's own thread... 

I was asked to display a suggested soonest non-conflicting well.  In other words - they want to know if a well has a conflict, which is the next non-conflicting well we can schedule work for in it's place based on the next scheduled work date (min(date)) and rank.  This would just be informational to the user.  Luckily, crew 2 has a rank in the table so I pulled in the rank field (1-3).

Somehow I need to filter out the well with min(date) min(rank) where there is no conflict and display the first well in the list.  Something like below, which obviously wouldn't work...

IF [RANK]=min([RANK]) and [Conflict]=FALSE and [START_DATE]=Min([START_DATE] THEN [WELL]

END

• 81. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
                    danny.lackey

Richard - Not sure I properly thanked you for your help.  Thank you for all of the responses.  I learned a lot during these exchanges and I really appreciated your help and patience.

-Danny

• 82. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
                      allan.walker.0

Richard - Not sure I properly thanked you for your help.  Thank you for all of the responses.  I learned a lot during these exchanges and I really appreciated your help and patience.

+1 Been quietly following this thread.  I'd have gone about this a completely different way using GIS tools, so for Richard to do this with a math based solution is pretty special.

Allan

• 83. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
                        Richard Leeke

Thanks for that Danny (and Allan) - this was a fun challenge. I don't manage to find much time for the forums these days, but this one just caught my eye.

I actually still have a red flag in my forums notifications folder against your last question about identifying the best alternatives for the conflicted jobs. Did you ever get a solution going for that? I haven't thought much about it but had some follow-up questions for you that I would need answered before I could offer anything. Let me know if you still want to explore that and I'll try to remember what my questions were if so.

• 84. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
                          danny.lackey

Sort of.  I ended up posting the question in a new thread since it seemed like it strayed a bit from the original topic.  Posted here: Re: How can I pull out minimum order per group?

• 85. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
                            Richard Leeke

I see you don't have a final answer on the new thread, I'll have a think.

The thing I was going to ask you about on that question when you posted it in this thread was how you wanted rank to come into the selection of the minimum (ie is rank only a tie-breaker between jobs with the same start date). I see you didn't even mention rank in the other thread, though, which makes it simpler.

• 86. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
                              danny.lackey

Well, the RIG_ORDER is the rank, but it only comes into play if there is a conflict.  Would be awesome if there was a way to put this info into a Dimension so I can add it to the label (or something along those lines).  So when you hover over a conflict on the map, it can include the recommended next scheduled job.  Otherwise, if table calcs are the only option, I'd settle for a worksheet with a list of next jobs.

• 88. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
                                Richard Leeke

I still have this flagged to look at - didn't get a chance to look at it last weekend. Will try to find a few minutes, but really busy at the moment...

• 89. Re: Need to create buffer around points.
                                  danny.lackey

Richard, is this possible in addition to what we have in place already?  Needing an additional buffer around instances of pads connected to wells.  I imagine I'll need another column in my dataset to identify which wells are connected to which pads.  We already have an identifier for pad vs wells.  This idea is an alternative to what the customer has recently proposed which is drawing a line from the pad to each well connected and drawing a buffer bubble around each line. The purpose of this is to prevent other crews from thinking they can enter the space between the wells and the pad they are connected to. With either method, would still need to find conflicts...   What do you think?

CongestionMapping_Crew3Bubble.jpg

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next