1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 1:18 PM by Maryll Jones

Extracting Group User Data from PostgreSQL

Prem Reddy

Hi All,

I'm trying to extract the data such as "Users" and the "Group Names" from PostgreSQL using the Tableau Super account which has access to all the tables of workgroup.

As of now I found that the above data can be extracted from tables _Users and Group_Names with site_id being the common entity to be used for joining the two tables.

The issue is that All the group names belonging to particular site have the same site_id and all the users of the site have the same site_id.

e.g. Site A has been assigned site_id as 1

Groups Under Site A lets say Group A, Group B, Group C has the same site_id as 1 as the groups are part of Site A.

Users under different groups of Site A lets say user1, user2, user3 each belonging to GroupA, GroupB, GroupC respectibvely also have the same site_id as 1.

Now when I join using site_id and drag the information for the users belonging to different groups results displayed are below:

If anyone has worked on this previously sharing their experience on the same would be really helpful.

user1GroupA
      GroupB
      GroupC
      user2GroupA
      GroupB
      GroupC
      user3GroupA
      GroupB
      GroupC

GroupAuser1
      user2
      user3