1 2 3 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 7:58 AM by praveen p

check users

praveen p

Hi All,

Can someone please help to find users who are using same channel to book orders

In our environment user book orders from two channels mobile and web

Now we have new applications added as channel (iphone and android) in our database

So Now i would like to know users who have booked orders using new channel iphone and web are the same users who booked orders from mobile and web

The workbook I am attached does contain only sample data and does not have new applications added

Hence we can use the existing channels mobile and web to see who are the users using both the channels

users.jpg

I think may be this can be achieved using Lookup function or isnull but was unable to figure out how

Can some one please help me on this

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Praveen

• 1. Re: check users
          Matt Lutton

What are you hoping to achieve as a final result? 

• 2. Re: check users
            Matt Lutton

I've updated your workbook, changed the view layout a bit, and included a "Workout View" sheet and a "Count of Channels-Final Result" sheet.  The first shows how I got the results, by editing your "new?" calculation, and verifying this with my "Counts" calculation.  The basic premise is a table calculation of:

if WINDOW_sum(countd([channel]))>=2 then 'new' else 'not new' end

With a compute using on [emailid], then [channel], restarting every [emailid]

Hope this helps--let me know if this gets you on a path to success.  Cheers!

• 3. Re: check users
              Keshia Rose

Oh, I thought you were just looking to see who had used both mobile and web. (see attached)

• 4. Re: check users
                Matt Lutton

He is--I don't believe your solution works, but will wait to hear back from the OP to try and explain why.  If you look at the raw data and compare to your results, you'll see that there are some users not being included in your list--emailid 6manishv@gmail.com is the first example in the list.

• 5. Re: check users
                  Keshia Rose

Oh I see what you mean, yeah I didn't think 6manishv@gmail.com's Web Mobile entry was supposed to be counted since "Number of Records" was null. I thought that meant that transaction wasn't completed or something. In that case then yes my example won't work.

EDIT: If I just changed [Number of Records] in my calculations to just be 1 I think it would produce the same list you got, right?

• 6. Re: check users
                    praveen p

Thanks Matthew and Rose for your help.

We are almost there however was not the expected output

Problem might be that we have new fields recently added to the channel iphone and android

So I wish to see new users from android and iphone who are absolutely new and also who are coming either from mobile and web already existing channels

Now when I implement your suggestion I am getting new users and also users who have already used my old channels (web and mobile)

But the problem is when i select either 'new' or 'not new' from the filter i am getting new users as well as exisitng users combined

Please see the snapshots below

new.jpgnot new.jpg

I have attached the updated workbook with sample data

Also please suggest if we can project the data on a monthly basis who are completely new and who are from existing database

Thanks,

Praveen

• 7. Re: check users
                      Matt Lutton

I was not clear on your goal from your original post--I thought you simply needed to identify new users, based on the count of channels (using the two provided as an example). 

This is a different type of problem, and I'd need to think about how I'd want to approach it. Honestly, I don't think I have the time to focus on this right now so I'll let others play around with this and see what they come up with.

• 8. Re: check users
                        Matt Lutton

Keshia Rose:

it looks like we both missed the mark on the overall goal here, but yes, I believe you are correct -- changing to 1s in your calculations would result in the same list I had.

• 9. Re: check users
                          praveen p

Thanks Matthew for the reply

At least we are near to the solution.

I will wait for some input's from the experts while in the mean time will do some search on this if I can find out something on this

• 10. Re: check users
                            Keshia Rose

I agree with Matthew, I definitely did not get that from the original post. So just to clarify, are you trying to find the people who have use both of the new channels and also used both of the old channels? Honestly, I'm still not sure if I get it!

• 11. Re: check users
                              praveen p

Sorry if I was not clear

I would like to see New Vs Old

New would be users who started using iphone and anroid as channels

Ex: From the screenshot 'new' attached earlier we have sum of count(emailid) as 13

and for iphone we have 20

Old users would be users who are who started using iphone and android as channel who are already present in the database (may be they are either using mobile (or) web as channels)

Ex: From the screenshot 'not new' the sum of (count(emailid) should be 22

and for iphone we have 13

wish you can help me to achieve this

Thanks,

Praveen

• 12. Re: check users
                                Keshia Rose

So something like this?

New User.PNG

• 13. Re: check users
                                  praveen p

Absolutely yes Rose that is what I am looking for

Apologize for making you do some extra work

Thanks for all your efforts

• 14. Re: check users
                                    Keshia Rose

Ok so maybe this will work for you? (attached)

Note: I've filtered on a few people just to quickly demonstrate the calculation.

1 2 3 Previous Next