4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2014 11:18 AM by gall3on

Change 'All' Label in Worksheet Title

gall3on

I have a worksheet where I feed the value of the filter as part of the worksheet name.  However, when I select in the filter 'All' I want the worksheet title to say something else other than 'All'.  Is there a way to do this?

• 2. Re: Change 'All' Label in Worksheet Title
          Don Barnetson

Hi Abigail,

This is a bit of a work around, but I can't seem to find any other examples that do this.

There are 3 calculate fields and a parameter that I had to create to be able to do this.

1) Create a parameter based the field that you will be filtering and add "All" to the list (it doesn't have to be All, it can be anything that you'd like)

2) Create a calculated field based on you measure:

if [Category Parameter]=[Category] then [Sales]
          elseif [Category Parameter]="All" then [Sales] end

3) Create a dimension to display your 'Title" which will be inserted into your title:

case [Category Parameter]
          when "Furniture" then "Furniture"
          when "Office Supplies" then "Office Supplies"
          when "Technology" then "Technology"
          when "All" then "Category, not just 'All'"
          end

4) Last, but not least, create a "Show or Hide" dimension to filter the fields that you want to see on your sheet:

case [Category Parameter]
          when "Furniture" then if [Category]="Furniture" then "Show" else "Hide" end
          when "Office Supplies" then if [Category]="Office Supplies" then "Show" else "Hide" end
          when "Technology" then if [Category]="Technology" then "Show" else "Hide" end
          when "All" then "Show"
          end

I've attached an example to give you a better idea of what it looks like.

Hope this helps,

Don

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 3. Re: Change 'All' Label in Worksheet Title
            Don Barnetson

Hi Abigail,

Just curious if either answer provided by myself or Keshia above were helpful.

Please make sure to mark any answers provided either "Correct" or "Helpful" so that users with the same or similar issue can find the solution easier in the future.

Thanks,

Don

• 4. Re: Change 'All' Label in Worksheet Title
              gall3on

Thanks for following up, Don.  I'm still trying out the suggestions and will definitely respond!