You can create a "color" sheet that mimics your legend. This would be your action sheet on a dashboard with a highlight action for your first sheet and a filter action for your second sheet. I can attach a workbook displaying this if you'd like. If you understand the core concepts and don't need this let me know.
I actually figured this out before your post but I did it exactly the same way! Thank you!
1 of 1 people found this helpful
In case anyone is interested these are the steps I used.
1. Create new sheet called "Sheet 3".
2. Dragged my sub-category into the main view box and then dragged the same sub-category into the color marks box.
3. Inverted the axis using the top toolbar to make it the orientation I liked.
4. Dragged it out long ways to that when in the dashboard it will take up the entire length in between two sheets.
5. Placed "Sheet 3" where I wanted on the dashboard
6. Created an action filter, where the source sheet is "Sheet 3" and the target sheets are the other two sheets on the dashboard so that the other two do not effect "Sheet 3"
I hope that makes sense, if not just message me and I can explain.