Hope everyone is enjoying the long-awaited arrival of some actual Spring weather... Thanks again to everyone who came out to our Philly TUG April event - Philly Viz Wars at WHYY! It was an outstanding evening.
We're looking for some host locations for our next few TUG meetings - so be sure to get in touch if you would like to help out the group by coordinating or providing some meeting space for an upcoming TUG meeting - TUG meetings are informal, fun and informative, and the requirements are relatively simple:
- Meetings are generally held on a Monday or Tuesday evening for roughly 2 hours total (this can be flexible)
- Space should be able to accommodate about 25 - 40 people
- Space should be in a location that is generally accessible to the majority of the group - i.e.: Center City Philly or nearby suburban business areas.
- Space should have some basic A/V or projection capability for presentations, although accommodations can be made if this is an obstacle
- Tableau asks that we plan these a few weeks in advance so that they can coordinate and send out event announcements to their customers and contacts in the region who may wish to attend.
That's pretty much it - simple! So if can coordinate a meeting space, or can put the organizers in touch with someone to make arrangements, be sure to reply to this message or email the Philly TUG team here:
Philly TUG Group organizer: email@example.com