4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2015 4:11 AM by Johan De Groot

API unable to load libDataExtract.so in eclipse

lachal aurelien

hello ,

I want to use the tableau API on my java program but it's fail on execution and catch this error: "Unable to load library 'DataExtract.so' : libDataExtract.so : cant open the shared objet file : none such file or folder

at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:194 )
           ..."

how make to include libDataExtract.so on my project  ? (i have a linux computer and i program with eclipse software)

the tutorial on api isn't for linux and eclipse and so  i can't use it for my problem .

best regards,

• 1. Re: API unable to load libDataExtract.so in eclipse
          Scott Strool

I am getting the same error when using the command line via java to execute the smartsheet extractor

I have the API/bin in my PATH.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoa

der.java:58)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'DataExtract':

The specified module could not be found.

at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:194)

at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:283)

at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:244)

at com.sun.jna.Native.register(Native.java:1065)

at com.tableausoftware.DataExtract.Extract.<clinit>(Unknown Source)

at com.smartsheet.platform.tableau.SmartsheetExtractor.main(SmartsheetEx

tractor.java:111)

... 5 more

• 2. Re: API unable to load libDataExtract.so in eclipse
            lachal aurelien

maybe , u should use a download files  inusable for ur OS system ? (32 bits , 64 bits , windows , linux ) check it and

u must to follow  tutoriel at this link   : http://onlinehelp.tableausoftware.com/v8.1/pro/online/fr-fr/extracting_TDE_API.html
            and import the DataExtract.dll in ur program Files -> Java -> jre7 -> bin .

for me , it's working but it'sn't due to the assistance team ><"

Forgive me for my bad english
            and bonne continuation

• 3. Re: API unable to load libDataExtract.so in eclipse
              Scott Strool

I resolved the issue by using a different library. I switched to the 32 bit version and all is working.

Thanks

• 4. Re: API unable to load libDataExtract.so in eclipse
                Johan De Groot

I had the same problem - and just found out the cause of the error-message: I downloaded/installed the Python/Windows API, while I needed the Python/Linux API...

The API page makes a difference between the two operating systems, but if you are in a hurry you click on the first buttons which seems useful...