1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 10, 2014 1:05 PM by Jeff Strauss

Extract with or condition

Jeff Strauss

Here's what should be an easy one for the Tableau jedi's of the world.  How do I create an "Or" condition when creating a data extract.  I have successfully done it via the custom SQL, but prefer to stay away from this because it takes a long time to generate the metadata on a large SQL.

Here's an example from my custom SQL

WHERE

(agg_dim_coordinate_filtered.time_type_code not in ('D', 'W', 'CW'))

OR (agg_dim_coordinate_filtered.time_type_code in ('D', 'W', 'CW')

AND agg_dim_coordinate_filtered.time_period_start_date >= CURRENT_DATE - INTERVAL '3 years')

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Extract with or condition
          Jeff Strauss

I think I figured it out myself by putting the following formula on the time_type_code.

RAWSQL_BOOL("(agg_dim_coordinate_filtered.time_type_code in ('D', 'W', 'CW')

AND agg_dim_coordinate_filtered.time_period_start_date >= CURRENT_DATE - INTERVAL '3 years')

OR (agg_dim_coordinate_filtered.time_type_code not in ('D', 'W', 'CW'))

") == TRUE

It turns into:

WHERE (((agg_dim_coordinate_filtered.time_type_code in ('D', 'W', 'CW')

) AND (1 <> 0) OR NOT ((agg_dim_coordinate_filtered.time_type_code in ('D', 'W', 'CW')

) AND NOT (1 <> 0))

1 of 1 people found this helpful