4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2014 7:50 AM by Cole Weinman

KPI Single Day Indicator

Cole Weinman

Hello-

I am looking to create a dashboard with key KPI indicators for our business.

I am trying to show a day over day view, with only the most recent day showing the indicator. I have attached an extract with where I find myself having difficulty. I can't seem to find a way to only show the most recent day.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: KPI Single Day Indicator
          edgarernesto.hernandez

Hi Cole

The best would be for you to post a packaged workbook instead of the extract to show exactly what you're tying to achieve.

But to make sure I understand, you want to show the progression of that KPI over time on a graph and then only have a label for the last value available is that it?

If that's the case, a calculated field could work. A calculation using DATEDIFF() and TODAY() and showing NULL if the values match.

Something like IF DATEDIFF('day',TODAY(),[Date])=0 THEN [Value] ELSE NULL END

Or do you want to only show a single numerical value for the last available day?

• 2. Re: KPI Single Day Indicator
            Cole Weinman

Hello Edgar-

I updated the attachment with a .twbx file.

I am trying to be able to let the user show however many days previous they want, based on the Parameter # Last X Days.

On top of the line graph, I would like only the previous day to show the indicator shape.

Thank you for your help!

• 3. Re: KPI Single Day Indicator
              edgarernesto.hernandez

So I don't know if this is what you're trying to achieve but here's what I did: (see attached workbook)

I modified your Service Level Color calculated field for this:

IF

LAST()=0 THEN

(IF [SL%] >= .85 then 'Green'

ELSEIF [SL%] >= .75 then 'Yellow'

ELSEIF [SL%] < .75 then 'Red'

ELSE 'White'

END)

ELSE 'White'

END

It's checking for the last value on the graph and then it shows the indicator if it is and gives it the color white if it's not.

I thin changed the shapes and colors for the "White" value.

I also created a new calculated field "Service Level Size" with the following formula:

IF [Service Level Color]="White" THEN "Small" ELSE "Regular" END

And then dragged that to the size section and assigned a small size to the "White" value.

• 4. Re: KPI Single Day Indicator
                Cole Weinman

I think this is going to work!

Thank you so much. I appreciate your time!