3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2014 12:23 PM by Joshua Milligan

Missing some columns when exporting data

hub.yoo

Hello Tableau Community,

I have a question, its very generic because I can't really attach a sample work book. I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this issue.

I have a tableau visualization that is published on our tableau server that uses multiple tables. The boss wants to export the data from the vis but is missing a field. I have a "calculation" linking a measure from a different table

NetPrice

SUM([DailyBackOrderReport (Operations)].[Net_Price])

When I extract the data from the sheet using the tableau work book, the extract contains the field netprice; however when publishing the dashboard and exporting data, the field exists in the summary tab, but is not present on the underlying tab.

I've tried adding the field as a detail/tooltip to the sheet in hopes that it would be included in the underlying data, but no dice.

Normally i'd make a mock up but attaching a workbook but i think the issue lies in the server connection? And i have no issues with the data when exporting from the workbook. Issue is in regards to the tableau dashboard on our server.

Thanks in advance,
      Hub