1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 16, 2014 10:08 AM by Peter Gilks

Calculation based on map selection

Knox Hutchinson

Hello,

I am working on a dashboard that will need a dynamic calculation based on what the end user will select in a map.

I have data as such:

County         Population         Participating in Labor Force         Employed       Unemployed

County 1       200                             150                                         100                    50

County 2       100                             75                                             50                    25

County 3       150                              85                                            60                     25

I am trying to create a calculated field where the end user can select any combination of the above counties and return the following results:

(Sum of Selected Unemployed)/(Sum of selected Participating in Labor Force)

ie., a user selects County 1 and County 3 by clicking on them on the map.

Calculated field:

(50+25)/(150+85)=0.3191

edit:

I have duplicated the map as a crosstab, and I have successfully created fields that show the Sum of Participating in the Labor Force, and the sum of Unemployed. I added these to the crosstab and calculate using Table Down. However, I created a third calculation to divide Sum of Unemployed by the Sum of Participating in Labor Force, and compute using Table Down and my results are yielded as 0.

edit again: strangely, the correct number is showing up in the Tooltip but not in the actual window.