I have the same problem.
My software environment is :
- Tableau Desktop 64 bits Version 8.1.3 (8100.13.1231.1350). The software is configured in french . The local language of workbook is french too.
- Tableau Server 64 bits Version 8.1.3 (8100.13.1231.1350).
- My workbook contains 6 sheets and one dashboard. The data are an extract of a Microsoft Server SQL Server 2008 R2 (Version 10.50.4000).
I have a parameter (date type). When I changed date with calendar and I put "01/05/2014", the date changed into "05/01/2014". I tried other locals languages but issue is the same.
Anyone have an idea to resolve this issue ?
Not sure if you managed to get any further with this issue, but as it didn't look like anyone had an answer here i submitted a support request and this was the response i got:
The encountered issue when clicking on a Calendar Control date filter on a non-US Tableau Server, the day and month are switched is a known issue that is fixed in Tableau Server 8.1.4 soon to be released. It occurs only for dates where the day is between 1 and 12.
In the meantime, the following work around would correct the problem:
Set Short Date Format for Tableau Server Run As user to M/d/yyyy:
1. Log in to Tableau Server computer as the Tableau Server Run As user
2. Open the Control Panel > Date & Time menu
3. Change the "Short Date Format" to "M/d/yyyy"
4. Click OK
5. Restart the computer
Hope this helps you out ^_^
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your workaround.
In same time, I was logged my case to Tableau support and they said me that the issue should be corrected in the next release (8.1.4), as you said. So, I will try to modify the server calendar parameters.
Have a good day.