1 of 1 people found this helpful
You might try an alternative method, like this:
I'm not sure what is occurring for you, but some more info might help others answer your questions:
1) What is your data source?
2) Are you able to create other extracts without a problem?
There may be other important questions to ask that I'm forgetting, but those are what come to mind for me.
I would also recommend logging your issue with firstname.lastname@example.org
Sounds like a db issue to me. You should contact the dba and find out what they know (check the logs). Maybe they have limits set on the data output or if the db churns too long on a query it kills the request.
Thanks for the advice everyone.
I've sent an email off to our DBA and will keep you posted on what he finds out.
We are using MySQL Community Server (GPL) 5.6.13.
I've been using this data source no problem for several months now, but recently we changed the view to include more rows rather than column and since then, I've had trouble connecting!
Ah ha! That little bit of info was left out and, with it, makes even more sense that it's a non-Tableau issue. Details folks, details...
Keep us updated. It'd be good to know what's going on.
Turns out it was an issue with the DB...we had over 750 million rows due to a join gone wrong.
Thanks for you help everyone!
Thanks for posting the answer Glad you found the issue.
Don't forget to mark this as Answered