1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2013 7:36 AM by Dana Withers

How to change data source of a Sheet after its duplication, proving that data sources of old Sheets should remain untouched? See details...

Evgeny Drumachik

Dear All,

I have a set of data (Excel file) that is changing every week. Every week I have a new Excel file with updated data set. With Tableu Public I can perfectly analyze that set week by week using a particular graph. To build and tune that graph every week takes a lot of time. Also, I need to compare those graphs between each other. Namely, I want to put those week graphs next to each other (for example, on the Dashboard tab) to clearly see what has changed in the new week graph compare to previous one, etc.

I thought I can do that by loading those Excel files to “Data” window one by one, create one Sheet, build and tune that complicated graph only once and then for each following week I would duplicate the Sheet and would change the data source for the new Sheet to the new data source (new Excel file with new data). When I am duplicating them – data source in newly created Sheet remains the same (old week Excel file), which is OK. But how to change the data source for particular Sheet (provided that Sheets related to older weeks will not change the data source) I couldn’t find.

Certainly I can create a new Sheet and build the new graph every week from the scratch with the new data source. But, as I already mentioned, building that graph takes a lot of time.

So, the question is – how to change data source of a Sheet after its duplication, proving that data sources of old Sheets (graphs of older weeks) should remain untouched?

Thank you in advance for your help!