Replying just to push it to the top of the board so if you speak French please help our colleague!
1 of 1 people found this helpful
in the same panel, I want to display multiple sheets one instead of the other, ie, I want to have a taskbar that contains the titles of the leaves, and selecting a leaf, it appears automatically reduce the sheet which is displayed above. For example, I have a curve evolution month, and another week, I want to display the one instead of the other, not both displayed at the same time, as if the group size: Month and Week and use a single dimension at a time.
Thank you for your help.
Jabrane--it is difficult to help you without a packaged workbook or some data to look at. If you can post a packaged workbook, that would be ideal. If not, screenshots would be helpful.
I understand the question but have no way of answering in French
I have created an example where you can choose to view by week or by month using a parameter. The dashboard has two views in them both filling all allowable space - one for weekly, one for monthly. Each view is then filtered using the parameter to be empty if not chosen. The empty sheet will take no space... therefore the other one will fill all the space.
I hope this helps.
ShowOneOrOtherSheet.zip 972.7 KB
Thnk You dana ;
I understand your exemple and that's what I want exactly ; but can you please explain more for details and steps to configure parametrs and filters ?
Thks a lot dana
No Problem... this is all the steps I took:
1. Create sheet one with everything you want to see Monthly.
2. Create sheet two with everything you want to see Weekly (you can just duplicate the sheet and change the date-time dimension to Weekly)
3. Create a parameter "Show per week or per month" with two possible values (list) "Week", "Month"
4. Create a calculated field called "Show Weekly" with formula: [Show per week or per month] = "Week".
5. Create a calculated field called "Show Monthly" with formula: [Show per week or per month] = "Month"
6. Set your parameter to Month and go to the Monthly sheet. Drag the "Show Monthly" calculated field to the filters tab and filter to "True" (the only option)
7. Now set your parameter to Week and go to the Weekly sheet. Drag the "Show Weekly" calculated field to the filters tab and filter to "True" (again the only option)
8. Start a dashboard. Drag over a horizontal section (under the list of available sheets you have options horizontal, vertical, text, etc). Drag Monthly and Weekly sheets side by side in the horizontal section - it is important that they are in the horizontal section specifically.
- You should now see space for both graphs, but only one has any data in it (depending on the setting of the parameter).
9. Hide the titles of both your weekly and monthly view and make sure they are set to fit entire view - this is important too. If there is nothing to show in a view in a horizontal section, the other views that are set to "entire view" in the horizontal section will take up the space.
Make sure you have to dragged view sizes manually. This will override the above. To see if you have manually sized a view, select the view - in the top of the container in the left hand corner is a little pin icon if you have manually sized it: click reset size to reset it.
10. Make your dashboard more pretty:
- You can put a text section with a title applicable to both views above the horizontal section.
- If your view has any legends, make sure you add both legends to your dashboard, then remove their titles and replace that with a text section as well. (each legend will be empty if the view is empty, so you don't want the titles to show for the legend itself, adding your own text above them is means the text is always there). If you want to show a legend from a specific view, click the dropdown of the view (right hand top corner) and choose the legend from available legends.
- Make sure your parameter shows on the dashboard
That is all the steps I took to create what I sent to you.
Sorry I cannot say all that in French
Thank you Dana I understand in English Thank you a lot .