3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2013 12:49 PM by Eric Howard

Tableau view not rendering on safari using the javascript viz object constructor

Nishant Shah

Hi,

I am trying to render a tableau view into my webpage. Its working fine in all browsers but safari where instead of the view it is showing up the authentication page. The input fields are also disabled so I cannot even enter my credentials. But if I have tableau server open in the browser at the same time then it is opening the view perfectly. It would be great if anyone can get back to me on how to get this working?

• 1. Re: Tableau view not rendering on safari using the javascript viz object constructor
          Eric Howard

Hello Nishant,

can you provide more information:

1) Is it failing in Safari for PC or Safari for Mac? Can you try both?

2) What is the authentication method for your Tableau Server? (Local or Active Directory?) If Active Directory, is it configured for automatic login?

3) Could you provide a screen shot of what you are seeing in safari?

4) You stated "But if I have tableau server open in the browser at the same time then it is opening the view perfectly."  Can you tell me more about what you mean by this?  Which Browser do you have open and which browser does it open perfectly?

5) Could you provide the html that contains the embedding?

6) Could you list the browsers you have tried successfully?

Let me know and I will try to investigate this further with you.

Thanks,

Eric

• 2. Re: Tableau view not rendering on safari using the javascript viz object constructor
            Nishant Shah

Hi Eric,

Thanks for getting back to me.

1) Its failing in Safari for both Mac and PC.

2) We are using the Active Directory with Automatic Login.

3) I am seeing the following and both the fields are disabled so I cannot even type the credentials there.

Capture.PNG.png

4) What I meant by that was: If I have tableau server open in another tab in Safari itself then I get a successful login automatically and the view is displayed.

5) Following is the code

HTML:

<body onload="initializeViz('tableauViz',url);">

<div id="tableauViz"></div>

Javascript:

function initializeViz(id,url) {

var w = window.innerWidth;

var h = window.innerHeight;

w -= 35;

h -= 60;

var options = {

width: w,

height: h,

hideTabs: true,

hideToolbar: true,

onFirstInteractive: function () {

workbook = viz.getWorkbook();

activeSheet = workbook.getActiveSheet();

}

};

viz = new tableauSoftware.Viz(placeholderDiv, url,options);

}

6) I have tested it in IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and this code works perfectly fine in all of them. It fails only in Safari.

• 3. Re: Tableau view not rendering on safari using the javascript viz object constructor
              Eric Howard

Hello Nishant,

It appears there is a custom login for Tableau Server in your environment that may (or may not) require special consideration.  I would suggest logging a support case here:

http://tableausoftware.com/support/request

While our support team does not troubleshoot or debug Javascript code, if you can demonstrate success and failure in different browsers, our support team can troubleshoot why that is occurring.  Feel free to refer to this forum discussion in the case.