3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 9:49 PM by Ramon Martinez

Applying a Visualization to New Data

Jeff Thurm

Hi All,

Awhile ago I was helped to build the  attached twbx file (a time-series map using colors/shading that can be "played like a movie" to show the magnitude of the data at each point in time)...

Now, I've been trying to apply the same visualization to the csv file attached (Enrollment)... i.e. using a new/different data connection

Basically, what I'm trying to do is make the EXACT SAME visualization but substitute column R in the csv file ("AVG") in place of "Funding" in the twbx file. The other things I'll need in order to match the twbx visualization exactly are the zip code (found in column B) and year (found in column A), so all the info. needed is there... I just can't get it to work.

If anyone can help, would you be able to send me a new twbx file that does this and, if you can, walk me through the steps so I'll be able to repeat the process going forward.

Also, is there a way to be able to change the values in column R in the "enrollment" csv file and have the changes automatically take effect in the tableau visualization thats built using the data from that column/source? If so, can you also walk me through those steps as well so I'll be able to repeat the process going forward.

Best,

Jeff