2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2013 1:44 PM by Joseph Fazio

Action Filter for two dashboards in same workbook

Joseph Fazio

Hi, I'm trying to have an action work for two dashboards.  I have tables and chart on dashboard 1 and maps that correspond to that data on dashboard 2.  I would like to be able to have an action filter work where I can click on a data point in dashboard 1 and have it filter there, but also filter on dashboard 2 without going straight to dashboard 2.  Currently the filters work, but it keeps switching to dashboard 2 even though I want it to stay on 1 and have the user be able to go to 2 filtered if they so desire.  Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Action Filter for two dashboards in same workbook
          Mark Holtz

Hi Joseph,

Not sure there. Once you set an action's destination as a second dashboard, I think Tableau is designed to take you there. Could you achieve this by establishing a global filter or a parameter + calculated field on the sheets rather than having an action enact the filter?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Action Filter for two dashboards in same workbook
            Joseph Fazio

The reason I was using an action is because I have thousands of order on a Scatter Plot.  I do have some global filters and that works just the way I want, I would like the user to either click on an order or highlight a group of orders and it filter all the data on dashboard 1 while also filtering dashboard 2 without going to dashboard 2.  I have a feeling I can't do it, I've been searching for hours and haven't been able to find anything.  I appreciate the response.