Good to hear another meeting being planned as I missed the first.
- Coverage - The Midlands is good and central and probably convenient for a large number of users. As other groups spring up it'd be good to review every now and again to try and keep them equidistant from each other.
- Time and Date - A Monday or Tuesday best for me at any time but I would have a 2.5hr journey home afterwards to consider.
- Location - As you're taking on the responsibility of hosting, I'll go to wherever convenient to you. I work near Bath and live in Salisbury so it's quite a hike but would like to come to meet other users. Birmingham (if south) would be more convenient if the offer of hosting is taken up.
- Frequency - I think your idea of 2 or 3 per year is about right. I'm intending on going to the London meeting next week and I'm hoping there'll shortly be an NHS Tableau User Group meeting organised. Co-ordination between the different meetings would be good so they're not all on top of each other. I agree with your comments about timing around Conferences/updates.
- Duration - 2hrs is probably as short as I'd want to go given the travelling distance.
- Formal/Informal - A more formal start to the meeting with a speaker or workshop with a possibility for networking/informal discussion afterwards - people can obviously leave at this point if they prefer a shorter session.
- Travel - Don't suppose anyone will come from my direction but happy to pick up on the way. However, may consider the train.
Thanks very much Alex and colleagues for sorting this out.
Glad to hear a new meeting is being arranged. Happy to come along if I can make it. I'd vote for a more informal approach, maybe even abandon County hall and find a pub with a room? I'd always favour a chance to network / interact and learn what everyone is doing over hearing a single speaker.
How about a tableau "speed dating" format? Groups of 3's or 4's and swap round every so often to keep stuff fresh, then chance for general networking afterwards?