1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2013 2:48 PM by Ben Neville

Change the (All) Filter Selection to Another Text

Alex Lopez

I have 4 region filter selections: Americas, APJC, EMEAR, and the default of (All) to select all regions. On my filter I would like to replace the text (All) to Global. Is this possible?

• 1. Re: Change the (All) Filter Selection to Another Text
          Ben Neville

This is not possible via a quick-filter. Unfortunately this text is not changeable. You can remove this button altogether, but you can't change it. My recommendation would be to leverage a parameter. Give the parameter (we'll call it Region Parameter):

Global

Americas
          APJC
          EMEAR

There are now 2 ways to leverage this parameter. For the first parameter (which is generally more flexible), you could do something similar to the following):

If [Region Parameter] = "Americas" and [Region] = "Americas" then "True"

elseif [Region Parameter] = "APJC" and [Region] = "APJC" then "True"

elseif [Region Parameter] = "EMEAR" and [Region] = "EMEAR" then "True"

elseif [Region Parameter] = "Global" then "True"

else "False"

End

Then filter only on the True values. You can be a bit more eloquent with this calc and simplify it to the following:

[Region Parameter] = [Region] OR [Region Parameter] = "Global"

Then filter only for True values just like above.

The other method is to pick a measure if you are only trying to use this for a specific measure. This allows you to not filter a whole sheet, but filter only for a specific metric. We'll pretend in this instance you are trying to view Sales. To accomplish this, use the same calculations as above, but replace "True" with [Sales]. You also don't have to filter anything with this method, which makes 1 less step for anyone using this dataset later if they are unfamiliar with it.

If [Region Parameter] = [Region] OR [Region Parameter] = "Global" then [Sales] else 0 end

I would recommend the first approach, but using the 1-line calculation if it works for you. If you need to filter only a single metric as opposed to an entire sheet, then I would use the second.

1 of 1 people found this helpful