3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 8:15 PM by Ramon Martinez

export fullpdf with caption

Chen Albert

Hi

I have tried this:http://community.tableau.com/thread/118414

But I need caption in the PDF result.

Can I use tabcmd --fullpdf to export views to pdf WITH CAPTION?

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: export fullpdf with caption
          Aakash Jain

Hi Chen,

Yes you can use the command tabcmd export "workbook/sheetname" --pdf to export the sheet with caption to a pdf file

and if you use --fullpdf in the above command you'll get all the sheets published in the workbook in the pdf file.

Regards,

Aakash Jain

• 2. Re: export fullpdf with caption
            Chen Albert

Hi Aakash,

Thanks for reply.

But please let me explian more about my question.

When I use "print to pdf" in Tableau Desktop, I can see the sheet name on the top. -->attachment "1_DailyOrderReceiving-LM_printTOpdf.pdf"

But when I use tabcmd to export the view. Tableau server give me only the graph without the sheet name.-->attachment "1_DailyOrderReceiving-LM_tabcmd.pdf"

I have 14 sheets in this workbook. If I use --fullpdf to get every sheet in the workbook, tableau server give me a 14-pages PDF. When I reading this PDF file,I can not know which graph I am looking at.

When I use --fullpdf to export view into PDF, is there any method to let PDF show the sheet name or caption?

Albert

• 3. Re: export fullpdf with caption
              Ramon Martinez

Hi Chen,

If I understand well your scenario, I think that is better to create dashboards having the view, title, captions and all the information you require. This way you will have better pdf files.

You can follow the practice of hiding all views including in dashboards in order to get better results when using tabcmd export "workbook/sheetname" --fullpdf

Ramon