0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2013 8:35 AM by alberto aguero

Global filter: Keep one value marked (and hidden in order to no let the user to unmark it) and just allow the user to mark/unmark the visibles ones

alberto aguero

hi tableau community,

we're having some issues with a global filter

our idea is to keep one value marked (and hidden in order to no let the user to unmark it) and just allow the user to mark/unmark the ones visible

in that filter

having [TYPE] as globlal filter, we'd like to keep marked (and hidden preferibly) the value 'N/A' and give the user the option to mark/unmark the other

possible values (1,2 and All) in this case (we have a URL parameter filter based on [CLIENT_ID])

our goal is to be able to show metric1 and metric2 in different charts together and what we want to avoid is METRIC2 becoming 0

when a user selects a single value of [TYPE] field

CLIENT_ID SITE TYPE METRIC1 METRIC2

1 A 1 50 0

1 B 2 20 0

1 A N/A 0 100

here's attached a basic workbook

[SITE] would be a global filter as well, so if user selects 'A' and [TYPE]=1

the results expected should me METRIC1=50 AND METRIC2=100 (that's why we need always 'N/A' marked and hidden preferibly)

the option of having a parameter populated by the [TYPE] is not working for us since [TYPE] values depends on the Client data i.e needs to be

refreshed dynamically based on URL parameter filter which i'd say is not possible

best regards,