4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2013 11:41 AM by Andy Piper

clearing filters

Love Tableau

Hi,

when using actions. navigating from dashboard 1 to dashboard 2. i want to clear all the filters in dashboard 2 instead of going to dashboard 1 and clearing all filters.

• 1. Re: clearing filters
          Toby Erkson

Not possible.  There isn't a code base for Tableau so ya still have to do some stuff manually.

• 2. Re: clearing filters
            Love Tableau

how to do this. can you give me some idea?

• 3. Re: Re: clearing filters
              Love Tableau

i think my scenario is different. Uploaded a workbook.

created action to navigate from sheet 1 and sheet 2

when clicked on "warren vaughn" it navigates to sheet 2 showing ""warren vaughn" data.

and also give relevant values in "filters".

So whenever i want to clear the filter i will go to sheet 1 and press escape so that it clears filters in sheet 2

i have scenario that i should clear everything from sheet 2 itself instead of going to sheet 1 every time.

• 4. Re: Re: Re: clearing filters
                Andy Piper

As Toby mentioned earlier, there are limitations with Tableau, and clearing filters globally is one of them.

If you are looking for a way to blank out Sheet 2 so nothing displays until you make a selection on Sheet 1 then this is possible if you modify the action you created so that it Excludes the data on sheet 2 until a value in sheet 1 has been chosen. See attached.

I also set up the attached so that when you click on something in Sheet 2, it takes you back to Sheet 1. If you deselect everything in Sheet 1 and click over to Sheet 2, nothing will be on Sheet 2.

Hope this helps,

Andy