3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2013 2:02 PM by Murali Govindu

Creating a report with 35 columns

HARI SARVOTHAM

Hi,

I want to create a report with 35 column,i know tableau supports only 16 columns.

Is there any work around to achieve this.

Thanks and Happy Weekend

• 1. Re: Creating a report with 35 columns
          Matt Lutton

Place three sheets side by side (if they'll fit), with the same row headers, then hide the headers on the second two sheets.  I don't know if 35 columns will ever fit on one screen, though, and most people would have to ask: Why?  No human being that I know of can look at 35 columns and digest the information very well.

You could also use a parameter to show 11 or 12 columns at a time.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Creating a report with 35 columns
            amanda.daudelin

Instead of trying to squeeze all 35 columns onto one dashboard which will probably be useless and messy anyway, why don't you create a drop down list of the column headers and the end user can select from the list of which they'd like to see? You can even layer a few on top of each other. (this can be done by using parameters and calculated fields)

• 3. Re: Creating a report with 35 columns
              Murali Govindu

Thanks Mr.Lutton.

Will you mind looking at my discussion on Column versus Selected Columns pl?  I can think of duplicating, concatenating the columns here and I am not sure at this time how to manipulate the data to get and it right.