2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2013 2:34 AM by Richard Leeke

Parameter getting corrupted in Tableau Server 8.0

Richard Leeke

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen an issue I have just struck parameters getting corrupted in workbooks published to Server.

The issue is that a floating point parameter which is used on some sheets gets corrupted after visiting a sheet with a string parameter. The floating point parameter slider starts displaying the valid value list for the string parameter instead of the numeric range.

Here it is published on Public:

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/ParamCorruption_Repro_Public/Sheet1?:embed=y&:display_count=no

When the workbook opens it is on sheet 1 and there is a parameter called Float showing a value of 0.95. That is defined as a floating point parameter, range 0 to 1, step 0.01.

Click on sheet 2 and you will see a parameter called String with values A, B, C.

Click back on sheet 1 and the Float parameter now shows as <unknown>. Drag the slider and it will show values A, B and C (for a floating point number!).

This is a real pain for us as we are making extensive use of parameters in a large, complex workbook.

Any ideas for workarounds gratefully received.

I have raised it with Tableau support - just hoping someone else may have hit it and know a workaround while I'm waiting to hear back.