5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2014 7:30 AM by jakub.sienkiel

average duration using aggregates

brett.cohen

Hi, I am looking create a function of user duration - by looking at the average date difference (max date - min date) on a user level and an overall level.  When I add the date difference metric either by doing (max date - min date) or by using the datediff ('day', min date, max date) - I am able to see each user's individual duration.  However, when I take the userid metric out of the report, I am only able to see the total date difference between the max cal date and the min cal date in the data set.  Basically what I would like to do is find an average of the date difference metric, but since it is created using max and min functions, I am unable to get the average or even the sum and then divide by the user count.  I was able to get the average date difference by using the window average, but that doesn't hold to the grand total line.  We want to show the average date difference at an aggregate level, so basically having the 14.77 at the bottom line instead of the 51 in the instance shown.  Any advice/tips are greatly appreciated.

ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 08 15.22.gifScreenHunter_02 Aug. 08 15.24.gif