1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 2, 2013 2:36 AM by Raoul Blankertz

Visualisation of journal entry data

Raoul Blankertz

I have two problems with visualizing my data. Can you please give some advice.
      I have journal entry data where one entry has many positions (rows). For example:

JE ID | amount | account | supplier | Cost center
      1 | 100 | V | S1 |
      1 | -100 | A |  | C2
      2 | 50 | V | S1 |
      2 | 50 | V | S2 |
      2 | -100 | A |  | C1
      3 | 100 | V | S3 |
      3 | -40 | A |  | C1
      3 | -60 | A |  | C2

1)
      I want to plot a bar plot with supplier and amount. But when I click on a bar and click on "view details" I want to see all positions of the JEs involved. Say, when I click on "S3" I want to see

3 | 100 | V | S3 |
      3 | -40 | A |  | C1
      3 | -60 | A |  | C2

and not only the fist line. At the moment I achieved that by loading a second table with the suppliers only and link that table to the first table. This work-around has to problems. Fist, my data is more complex than the example and I do not want to load a new table for each column. Second, if I link the column in this way, then I cannot sort by suppliers.
      Is there another way to realize this?

2)
      I want to visualize the connection between suppliers and cost centers. But if I read the table row by row then all suppliers are linked to Null and Null is linked to all the cost centers. Here I could either write the supplier in all row, which would double some entries and then the detail view is wrong -  or I could again use a second table and link it, which has the same problem as above.

Do you have any idea how to solve this? I would appreciate any comment.

Thank you,

Raoul