2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 2:45 PM by Toby Erkson

New Tableau Server Set up - Cost + Effort

Latha Jaga

Hello, We are about to set up tableau server for one of our client . I need some specific details on .

1. Tableau Server Set up Cost - Development + Production + How many Instances

2. What is the Licensing Model - Per user / Concurrent Users for 10 concurrent Users.

3. Pros and Cons of Using Tableau Software

4. Any other details that should be mentioned for the Server and Publishing Set up

thanks

• 1. Re: New Tableau Server Set up - Cost + Effort
          Russell Christopher

Hi Latha -

This is a pretty big question with not too many specifics from you to help craft a focused response. Any answer one could give to questions 1, 3, 4 would be therefore be so general they'd be useless to you.

I'd recommend you take this conversation up with a Sales Account Manager. He or she can address question #2 (FYI, we don't do concurrent licensing) and speak to the rest of your questions, too.

I know this doesn't help a whole lot, but you really need to talk to someone versus attempting to do this via forums.

Good luck!

• 2. Re: New Tableau Server Set up - Cost + Effort
            Toby Erkson

100% agree with Russell.  Talk to a sales rep.

For me the install was easy.  What takes me less than 2 hours to upgrade (including VPN in and making a backup) our Cognos admin takes a weekend and then some...